LamdaGen is a growing California based company bringing LSPR biosensors and analytical systems to the Diagnostic and Life Science industries. We are always looking for top performers who specialize in plasmonics, surface chemistry, assay development, and optical sensing to join our team.
LamdaGen is an equal opportunity employer, offering competitive compensation, benefits, and the opportunity to work with a specialized and committed group of professionals.
If you meet the above requirements and would like to apply, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have an opening for an experienced Scientist with a strong background in the development of immunoassays utilizing traditional as well as complex methods for commercial diagnostic application. Focus will include commercial-level development of protocols for binding assays, immobilization of ligands, and the preparation of biosensor surfaces oriented to specific customer applications.
The Scientist will work with members of the scientific staff to develop and validate new complex methods and biomarker assays in accordance with LamdaGen principles.
The successful candidate will have extensive hands-on experience with various immuno-based diagnostic techniques, such as ELISA, lateral flow rapid test, or other biosensor-based analytical & diagnostic methods. Surface chemistry knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Perform established laboratory procedures and assays with accuracy and precision
- Perform complete testing within the expected turnaround time
- Prepare and present clear, detailed experimental reports and record all data in accordance with Company procedures
- Plan, design and perform scientific studies and experiments
- Work closely with other team members to provide scientific inputs related to company goals
- Confidently interact with end users to identify needs and organize for specific customer applications
- Masters or higher in Biochemistry or Immunology or related fields with at least five years industry experience in the development of immuno-based assays in a commercial environment
- Sound understanding of immunoassay-based products and reagent preparation techniques with excellent laboratory skills
- Strong quantitative intuition, plus excellent experimental design and data analysis skills, including sound understanding of statistical data and graphics related to immunoassay development, outlier identification, CV, SD and Slope
- Prior work with analytical & diagnostic instrumentation, biosensors, lateral flow and/or colorimetric assay development
- Be a ”hands-on” person who welcomes challenges, works independently or as part of a team, and has the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and proficiency in using desktop publishing software and database programs, as well as proficient and creative research skills
- Versatility, creativity, flexibility, and latitude with a willingness to work within changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Proactive, motivated, and focused team-player attitude, self-sufficient, and prepared to go “above and beyond” on a regular basis
- Excellent organization, communication and people skills
- Ability to organize, understand and communicate technical data to a wide range of customers
- Strong attention to detail, with a commitment to excellence and high standards.