July 29, 2013
Scientist, Assay Development (Menlo Park, Ca)
LamdaGen Corporation is a rapidly growing nanotechnology platform company that provides LSPR biosensors and analytical systems to the Diagnostic and Life Science markets.
We have an attractive opening for a Scientist experienced in immunoassay development.
The successful candidate will have hands-on experience with various immuno-based diagnostic techniques, such as ELISA, lateral flow, or other biosensor-based diagnostic systems. We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly organized and detail-oriented individual with the ability to meet aggressive deadlines, think “out of the box” and work affectively with others in a fast-paced, highly productive environment.
Focus will include commercial development of protocols for various biosensor-based immunoassays, including biosensor surface preparation, immobilization of ligands, affinity and kinetic analysis, and biomarker characterization.
- Participate in the design and development of high-performance assays for diagnostic and bioresearch applications.
- Perform hands-on assay development, optimization and scale-up tasks including troubleshooting, in coordination with team.
- Conduct assay feasibility and stability studies, preclinical assay performance studies, verification and validation studies and other related studies.
- Work closely with other Scientific and Engineering staffs towards the development of company products.
- Ability to comfortably interact with clients to identify needs, define requirements and organize for specific customer applications.
- The ideal candidate should have a Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Biology or Immunology or related fields with at least three years industry experience in the development of immuno-based diagnostic assays in a commercial environment.
- Possess strong expertise in assay development and bio-analytical methods and the ability to follow detailed guidelines.
- Working knowledge and prior experience with analytical and diagnostic instrumentation, biosensors, lateral flow and colorimetric assay development.
- Strong quantitative intuition, plus excellent experimental design and data analysis skills.
- Be a ''hands-on'' person who welcomes challenges, works independently or as part of a team, is flexible, creative, and self-motivated with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills with a high level of computer literacy.
- Prior experience with micro-fluidic systems for diagnostic applications is a plus.
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to: